Build Your Resilience
Build your resilience. The great thing about resilience is that it’s not static and anyone can learn how to increase it. Little steps made consistently help us learn to cope and even thrive.
What is Resilience?
Resilience is being able to adapt well to life struggles while keeping yourself mentally and emotionally balanced. Becoming flexible enough to be down but not to stay there. It’s about being brave enough to feel the emotions we face in disappointment/ stress/ adversity or trauma. Learning to accept those emotions and move through them. Ultimately growing and learning from all our experiences. Resilience theory argues that what happens is not as important as how we react.
Being resilient or anything else benefits from taking a quick side step. Simply switch your focus
what’s lacking and being stuck in a that negative loop.
imagining what being more …. (In this case resilient) would look like and feel like to you, what would you be saying to yourself and others?
- By flipping that switch your brain and subconscious will search for ways for you to achieve what you want. It’s worked for me when I’ve found myself sitting down to write my blog, with no idea of what I’m going to write. I switch my focus to what it feels like when I do finish and publish a post. Everybody can do it with practice but I will say Hypnotherapy makes it easier!
Store up the Good Things
When we face adversity, it can begin to cloud our whole vision of the world. Why not keep a store of all the good things? I’m a great believer in the power of gratitude. I’ve recommended before keeping a gratitude journal and each day listing of 3 things your grateful for, 3 things you love about yourself, 3 things you’re looking forward to and at the end of the day 3 things that were good about the day. It can be really useful to look it up when things feel like they’re getting on top of you. A reminder that you are so much more than what is affecting you at the moment. “I am resilient” has come up a few times on my list and here we are!
Things That will Help Build Resilience
- Taking action – as well as achieving goals, taking action to resolve difficult issues helps us realize that we are under our control and capable of a lot more than we might think. Optimism and confidence grow with each little victory.
- Laughing – it’s okay to keep your sense of humor- sometimes its easy to forget to remember that you can laugh at the darkness.
- Being optimistic – be aware of how your feeling and remember you are not your emotions. Recognize that it may feel like you’re in a storm but that storms pass. E.g., Is there a way to sort out a dispute and move forward?
- Having a Support Network – resilience is not about being tough or stoical, it’s about knowing when to and being able to ask for help from people we trust.
- Self-care – Nourishing your mind body and soul. Improve your physical resilience by sleeping well, eating well and getting regular exercise, flexible body, flexible mind.
- Rewarding yourself – find time to say well done and look at what you’ve accomplished.
- Learning – anything new and interesting/ playing board games and doing puzzles helps to stay mentally resilient, it increses our problem solving skills and stimulates the brain.
- Self-awareness – learning when we can and cannot cope so we can come up with a plan on how to get through. Building resilience builds confidence we are capable of more and more as a result.
Build Your Resilience
Resilience is the ability to adapt and grow through difficult circumstances. We can increase it with helpful thoughts, behaviors and motivation. By caring for our mind, body and soul we can strengthen our foundations, help regulate our emotions and improve our relationships. What will you do first to make your life better?
Send Me a Message
An Easy Way to Make a Big Choice. How to harness the power of your subconscious when faced with a difficult dilemma.
Believe in your success. There’s no doubt that seeing ourselves as unsuccessful or caught in an inescapable loop can become a self-fulfilling prophecy. The opposite of this a delusional belief that we are just going to be rewarded with no effort or drive or plan. This post is about the middle ground. Hitting the sweet spot where you can actively work towards your success.
Live an Authentic Life. When what you think, say and do is in harmony. You have a sense of ease. You find there’s more to smile and feel happy about. You let in the good stuff and feel more comfortable and easier about saying no to the bad. Life is simpler.
Support My Blog Posts By Sharing on Social Media.